Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Go to Your Studio and Make Stuff

I've been watching CNN for all the goings-on here in the US.  Trying to understand, trying to find something positive, trying not to be appalled by the appallingness* of it all.  *I know that's not a real word, it's an alternative word.  We can do things like that now - just make it up.  Except we can't...

So, I've turned off the TV and taken to my studio where I'm sewing madly.  After Sept. 11, I made pickles and preserves like a crazy person.  It's a fear thing I guess.  If the sh*t hits the fan, I'll be ready.  With lots of homemade stuff.

I'm thinking lots of artists are doing the same thing.  You know the old saying - When the going gets tough, the artists get creating.  Or something like that...









It's all I've got...
xoxoMary

6 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Mary.....I read your post and smiled....NO....it is not the end of the world as we know it. We will just keep on keeping on as they say.

For me, the passing of my sweet girl "Sophie" far surpasses any news event out there. "Just saying"

xo

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

I know you're right Jo. I couldn't even comment when I read your post last night because I was crying thinking of your loss and remembering MY greatest dog in the world who died 10 years ago. I still miss her so much! xoMary

Holly said...

I have the same fears as well, and sustainable living is a must.

Holly said...

I dont have a studio yet but create I shall do,take care soul sister.

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks for your comments Holly! YES to sustainable living!!!

JoKnows said...

I was just talking to my husband today about how I would like some studio space. I have lots of dishes, accessories, faux flowers and craft supplies and they are in various places throughout the house. Not to mention my camera equipment. Wouldn't it be so nice to have one of those tall studio spaces you have shown as inspiration? With lots of light!