Friday, August 26, 2016

Our New House

Back from vacation and enjoying our new-to-us house.  The house is very bright and airy and I'm trying to keep it a bit less maximalist...


Everything is painted a beautiful cream color.  The fireplace is the focal point of the family room.  It might even get chilly enough for a fire some night...


A 50's lamp and some of my daughter's art.


The family room has this huge window that I've made into plant land.


Books.  Always books.


And a comfy spot to read them.


Cute little dining room.

xoxoMary


9 comments:

Lori McLachlan said...

Nice. I love your lamps.

jason said...

Love it!
I.e. specially love that lamp as well!

rebecca said...

Interior photos of "real" homes are my favorites! (You probably already know how much I admire your style....) Good luck with that "less maximalist" thing :)

Babylon Sisters said...

I love lamps and usually have too many of them!

I really want my blog to be all photos of my own house, food, etc. but the pictures I take so often turn out underwhelming...

Maybe it's time to invest in a better camera but it would still have to be idiot-proof!

Thanks for looking and commenting!!!

Carol S. said...

Beautiful!!!
Wishing you all the best in your new home, my dear!!!
xoxo

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks Carol!xoxo

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

Everything looks beautiful!

Babylon Sisters said...

I'm so glad you like it. We all wish you could be here to tell us where to put things in the house - you're the best at it!

Mattie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.