Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Working Vacation on Big Rory Road



We're just about settled in our new (to us) house in Houston and are off to Nova Scotia for 'vacation'.


Cape Breton is an island off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada.  It is absolutely gorgeous and the weather is sure to be so much cooler than Houston!


We're engaged in trying to keep this from happening to the sweet old farmhouse my mother was born in but I'm not sure if we're winning...


Just trying to keep the hay mowed and the forest from encroaching is a constant struggle...


My husband mostly thinks it's crazy at this point but he bravely soldiers (and pays) on...

Feumaidh mi ruith (I must run)
xoxoMary

3 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Mary....lucky you to be heading to the East Coast during this hot time of the year. We are planning a trip to that area in October of this year for my 70th birthday. I've never been to the area so we are really looking forward to this.

xo

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

Yes, it will be considerably cooler than here. You'll love October too - beautiful!

jason said...

Oh wow. It's beautiful!