Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Boho Look and How to Get it - Thrift Store Edition

Some of the things that help give your home the bohemian look are just waiting at thrift stores!  No need to spend a lot to get that chill 70's vibe...


Baskets.  Lots and lots of baskets.  


Wood stuff.  I guarantee there will be a whole area of wooden 'things' at most thrift stores.



Vintage pottery.  Don't worry about getting full sets.  Just buy what you like and group it all together.


Like this.


Love these vintage paintings and prints!  There are lots of them at thrift stores and you get the added fun of seeing some truly awful diy art.  You'll see what I mean.


Brass candlesticks.  Easy to find and still very inexpensive.  Stock up!

In thrifting we trust..
xoxoMary

6 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

I love thrifting....and I love it that the 6o's never left us. LOL

Jo

Bohemian said...

Oh yes, Thrifty decorating is always the most eclectic and therefore IMO the best Bohemian Vibe you can pull together and not have to spend a fortune. Glad to hear I'm not the only one amused by hideous DIY Art! *LOL* Dawn... The Bohemian

Babylon Sisters said...

All of the 'new style' bohemian decorating is so much like what we had in the 70's - it's great!

rebecca said...

Yes to all of these. I can't resist a lonely piece of pottery. And wooden bowls And candlesticks!

Babylon Sisters said...

I'm the same Rebecca! I'm so glad you all commented! Something is wrong with my blogger sign in so I can't comment on other blogs. I'll get one of the children to find out what's wrong - they're the only ones who can understand these things!

Nadya said...

I love handmade pottery and small wooden spoons - I find local pieces when I can at out fall art tour (several potters offer some $5- bowls!)