Thursday, February 4, 2016

Under The Weather

norma desmond

I haven't been feeling too good this week so didn't get a lot done.  I guess I did get a lot done, I just didn't get a LOT done.  My mother says I run everywhere instead of walking and sometimes it catches up with me and I kind of crash...

pom pom wreath

I saw this cute pom pom wreath on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for my Granddaughter's room.

pom pom wreath

This is the one I made.  Sitting around making pom poms was just my speed this week.  I don't have a vintage plastic deer for it yet and I'm not sure I can afford one.  Vintage plastic deer are apparently a very sought-after item.  The ones I liked on Etsy were 2 for $34.  Hmmm.  We'll see...

houston

In case you were wondering what winter in Houston looks like - and why wouldn't you be - this is the view from my car waiting for the kids after school.  Coming from Nova Scotia, I never cease to be grateful.

competitive cheer

Last, and certainly not least, it's competition season for our competitive cheerleader.  Galveston and Fort Worth (winner winner chicken dinner*) last month - San Antonio and Dallas this month.  This is Texas so I guess we don't really need anyone else to have "National" championships.  Teams do come from as far away as Louisiana and Arkansas.  Mostly just Texas though.

*things like they say in Texas.



9 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

LOL, I bet you're grateful for Houston weather! Although I don't think the east coast has gotten hammered like it usually does ... yet. ;)

$34 for plastic deer? I had no idea. Pretty sure I tossed a few of those when my mum died. Silly me!

Babylon Sisters said...

Remember that hipsters love woodland creatures so it's driving the price up. I'm allowed to say that because my daughter and her husband are pretty hip.

Rebecca said...

Truly hope you feel better soon. From the sounds of it, I'm not nearly as active of you, but have been nursing a very sore knee since slipping in the shower. NO fun!

It's a darling wreath. How tall is that vintage deer? I'm pretty sure I have one that might work. If you'll email me your address (and if I can locate it), I'll shoot it your way for less than $17 :)

gatesmc@juno.com

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

Love the wreath, I'll show Des, she can make one in all purple! I'll find the woodland creatures at my favorite thrift shop and send you one!

Babylon Sisters said...

Tell Des I'll send her pictures of the back so she can see how to tie the pom poms on. She'll need a pom pom maker from Michaels - I'll let her know the name of it. Text me her number in case I don't have the right one on my phone.

Carol said...

Hope you are feeling better today, and SQUUEEEEEE! Pom PomS!

jason said...

Hope you're feeling better by now.
I love that pompom wreath!

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks Jason - I am feeling better and I'm definitely becoming a pom-pom enthusiast. Carol, I'm looking at you. xoxo

Carol said...

:D