Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Excited and Appalled

If you didn't watch the Superbowl you MUST go directly to YouTube and find Beyonce and Bruno Mars' half-time performance...

Beyonce Super Bowl

Then look for Beyonce's video for the song - Formation.

Beyonce Formation

This is a woman who can use her powers for good and she's obviously ready to do it.

Beyonce Super Bowl

I'm EXCITED because Beyonce has so much power in popular culture.  I'm EXCITED because black women (and ALL women) need to re-claim their power.  I love a revolution and we REALLY need one..

Lady Gaga Super Bowl

Speaking of power - find the video of Lady Gaga singing the national anthem.  I'm EXCITED because it's the best I've ever heard.  All I really knew about her was the meat dress and other kooky things - I didn't realize she could sing.

Donald Trump

Appalled.  Just. Appalled.


5 comments:

JoKnows said...

Oh, my goodness - that last pic. You need to move to Canada. ;)

Babylon Sisters said...

JoAnn, I thought it was a joke that would be over quickly but he just keeps going! I wonder if Mark could learn lobster fishing...

Tilda said...

When my husband told me he won New Hampshire, I thought he was joking. Good gods this country is turning into a bad TV reality show...

Babylon Sisters said...

You're so right Tilda! I can't even deal with it...

Hawthorn Spellweaver said...

Yes,yes,yes and yes. Even in the UK we think the same.