Friday, February 12, 2016

Binge Reading - Hopeful Gardening

I don't binge eat or binge watch but I definitely binge read.  I'm on an Alice Hoffman binge right now...




I really liked all three of these books.  Gardening is often a theme with Alice Hoffman.  I'm very inspired to try and make the best of my small space...


This photo is part of an edible front yard - my dream!


I really only have room for containers.  I like the idea of crates to give various heights.


I'd love for my side yard to look more like this.  Unfortunately, it would mainly the Houston mosquitoes who would be able to enjoy being out there.


This is first up in my plan.  Bamboo grows very well here.  Once I get the planters in place I can probably transplant some from my daughter's yard.



4 comments:

jason said...

I like the bamboo idea! I've always been a lover of bamboo....even if my grandmother always used to warn that it "attracts" snakes. :)

Babylon Sisters said...

Oh Lord, that's all I need is attracting snakes! You know the grandmothers were always right. We had banana trees in our yard in New Orleans which our crazy neighbor referred to as Hilton Hotels for rats...

Tilda said...

I like the bamboo idea too. I've often thought about it as a way to screen off our annoying frat boy neighbors. Because 20 ft fences aren't legal in my area (or very attractive).

Weirdly, I've never read any Alice Hoffman! Should give her a try...

JoKnows said...

I wish I would binge read instead of watch. I've been watching Shameless whenever I get a chance! I love gardens but not gardening. I just buy things and point out where I want them to my husband. :)