Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Suppers That Don't Suck

Our favorite meal kit delivery service is closing.  Well, actually merging with another company that doesn't offer meal kits.  Anyway, I'm back to trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  I'm vegetarian, my husband is not but doesn't mind that I don't cook meat at home.  He can order it if he goes out.

Meal time is very hectic at our house so I really like to make something that doesn't suck.  I made a walnut pasta sauce last night that was described as "unbelievable" in the cookbook and it really was.  A very heavy paste.  Yuck.

Looking through my Pinterest board "Cooking is Everyday Magic" for some inspiration...


We made this Roasted Winter Vegetable Crumble from Joy the Baker at Christmas and it was delicious.  Definitely a keeper.


I would probably have macaroni and cheese for every meal but, sadly, my English husband thinks 'pasta isn't food'.


We LOVE tofu!  You don't hear that everyday, do you?  This recipe for General Tso's Tofu is easy and good.


Not a great photo - lentils are never that attractive.  This is a good vegetarian meatless loaf though.


West African Peanut Soup is one of our all-time favorites.  The addition of kale or collards to this one makes it extra good and good for you!


Then there's the best idea of all which is that my husband brings home take-out.  Our favorites are tofu lettuce wraps from PF Changs and pretty much everything from Loving Hut.  


Loving Hut is an all vegan restaurant we're lucky enough to have close by.  It's a bit culty-weird but at least it's vegan culty-weird.  The pho is a must-have.  So warming and delicious!



4 comments:

Michele Wilde said...

I'm concerned about the GMOs in tofu (all soy,actually). And the estrogen. I did find the Quork products you mentioned once. Products made with mushrooms. Delicious. Do you have any info on tofu? I used it alot many moons ago. Love your blog!

Carol said...

"...so I really like to make something that doesn't suck." LMAO!
That tofu dish looks awesome!

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks Michele! I do buy organic tofu but I'll have to check about the GMO's...

Babylon Sisters said...

Well Carol, I made vegetarian Cincinnati chili last night and the meat substitute I used sucked up all the tomato sauce and the texture was all wrong. It sucked. The quest continues...