Sunday, November 1, 2015

A New Year - A New Blog

Happy Witch's New Year!  Really. It is. The pagan 'Wheel of the Year', which I tend to follow is much more in tune with the seasons of the earth...

pagan wheel of the year

Thinking about my intentions for the new year, I really wanted to start a journal of the things I learn, observe, and maybe un-learn each day.  My first thought was a beautiful paper journal with hand lettering, sketching, etc..  While that may be possible on some days, it's probably not too realistic in the long run, so on-line it is...

samhain

This way I might get a little help from some dear readers too.  I'm 58 and a grandmother now so that's why I'm calling it "Lessons Learned Later in Life".  To paraphrase the Grateful Dead, it's been a "long, strange, trip" and I need all the help I can get...

pagan simpsons

A quick disclaimer of sorts - I find almost everything funny so my opinions are just that - my opinions.  They are NEVER set in stone or meant to offend...

My gift (or my curse) is that I can usually see all sides to any argument.  I told you I just stopped finding Donald Trump funny recently.

OK, so here's what I learned last night...

homemade sangria

No one drinks Sangria.  It's fun to make and lovely to look at.  That's it.

Let your guests drink their own beer and stop badgering them

wicked witch

Dressing up as a scary witch at age 58 is completely redundant.  

Whatever is going on with my eyes and the dark circles beneath needs no make-up to be scary.

xoxoMary

6 comments:

Carol said...

Your last paragraph - I nodded in understanding and also giggled a bit! xo

Babylon Sisters said...

Yep - the kids had to load on the dark eye make-up and I was already there - lol!

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

I love the new look! I always end up drinking all the Sangria by myself, until everyone's drinks run out.

Babylon Sisters said...

Haha, yes, it could have gone that way too but I didn't try it...

Insomniac's Attic said...

I can relate to the dark circles! I understand I could start referring to myself as a crone now, but apparently that's a good thing and not the rude slur I once thought. 60 in a few weeks but I'm not lucky enough to be a grandma yet ... Dammit you kids, start working on that, will ya? LOL

Oh, I really like the idea of a book, and wouldn't it be wonderful for it to be hand-lettered and illustrated. Quite the keepsake - maybe you could just do a few pages like that when time permits?

Babylon Sisters said...

That's what I'm thinking - I'll still do a journal too since I love (old-fashioned) paper.

I'll have to think more about the crone thing. She is often pictured so old and scary looking in pagan art! But, as I said about my Halloween 'costume', if the witch shoe fits...