Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sticks and Stones

I'm a big fan of using natural elements to decorate my home.  Sticks, stones, shells...


I suppose part of the reason for that is that they're free - my favorite price!



I brake for pine cones!  Not that easy to find in suburban Houston but I do.  I have a huge bin I've collected that we use to start fires in the fireplace or anywhere a pine cone is needed...



Being a very pagan-ish person I'm drawn to decorations we can make ourselves...




I have, on numerous occasions, had to convince movers that my rocks and sticks were decorative elements and not - rocks and sticks.

Happy "starting to look like fall"!
xoxoMary


3 comments:

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

I love all the decorations created with natural elements! I have a full corner of my Garden tangled in Bittersweet, I love using it in table centerpiece designs and in garlands and wreaths!

Happy Harris said...

Hi Mary,

Lovely post...I used to make decorations with my kids when they were younger, its such a fun thing to do...I love all your ideas xx

Michele Wilde said...

My brother once had to comment on my "stick collection."