Monday, October 5, 2015

New Studio Space

Project number two in our house has been turning a bedroom into an office and sewing space for my husband and I.  His work and my sewing has been spread all over the house so we're hoping to contain it in our new space.  I think the light will be wonderful for daytime craft projects too!


Some things moved in - painting needs to be done.  I'm thinking a nice bright white.


This is when I realized the white wasn't working.  It wasn't covering the blue and I wasn't happy with how it made the ceiling look too dingy.  Our house has pretty awful popcorn ceilings.  I know they should be removed but it's the messiest job in the world...

Anyway, I changed to 'kilim beige'.  It's the top selling paint color from Sherwin Williams and I can see why.  It's a great neutral that covers very well...


Painting done.  Next comes sorting, organizing, donating...


Pretty much finished.

I found the blue slip-covered Ikea chair at a thrift store for $20.  The ancient rug was $14.  I adore old Persian rugs and imagine them to have been flying carpets in a previous life 

 The mannequin is a bit weird but I use it for my Etsy shop.


This area for my husband is awesome.  He usually takes over the entire dining room table.  He's away for work (Saudi Arabia) right now or it would not look this neat.


Finally, a calm and organized room!  

Well, calm for now until my husband gets home and sets up multiple computers and plays his guitar...
xoxoMary


8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe your fortune in finding that rug for that price!
Normally, I'm not a huge fan of beige, but it sure works in your room! How nice it must be to have a designated work/studio space!

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

The New Studio Space looks wonderful! The natural light is perfect in the room for creating art or getting some work done.

Andrea said...

Looks fabulous! I want to come over and do creative projects in that room asap!

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks for your comments! A major bonus I discovered today is that I can set up my ironing board for sewing without the kids trying to run into it and kill themselves!

My Grama's Soul said...

What a nice room to do "whatever in......work, play, iron, sew, play guitar, etc." You did a great job.

xo

Jo

Holly said...

Wow that make over turned out great! I love thrift store finds, I really enjoy your blog.

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks Holly! Your blog looks so interesting - excited to have something new to browse through!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Stop in from Carol. Your creative space is a lot more then mine. My only a thought.
If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee