Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Another pair of curtains and that's that...

I just finished and listed these curtains in my Babylon Sisters Etsy shop -

bohemian gypsy curtains

I named them "Building a Mystery".  Listening to Florence Welch led to listening to Sarah McLachlin while I was sewing...

I've made and sold really A LOT of gypsy curtains and I'm kind of done.  I'm doing some painting and decorating at home but I'd love to find another creative creation for my Etsy shop.  

I've collected some ideas from Pinterest...


I'm thinking a lot about duvet covers - especially for king-sized beds.  I'd want to repurpose fabric somehow though - maybe vintage sheets?


Look at this gorgeous patchwork bag!  I have lots of bits and pieces so maybe...


LOVE these bags too!


I've collected a crazy amount of doilies.  I know.  Why?  I really should do something with them...


I will be making some version of this for the space I rent at Retropolis (Houston's Vintage Superstore).  We sell a truly amazing amount of ugly Christmas sweaters.  I can't explain it.  I'll just go with it.


For now I think I'll patch some jeans.  I have a pile of beat-up Levis and some wood grain look fabric from Ikea.  Wood grain look fabric (I left out all the hyphens - too many) is a bit hilarious but I think it will nicely combine hippie and hipster...

wish me luck!
xoMary

8 comments:

rebecca said...

Luck! I really like the pillows & bed cover.....

Insomniac’s Attic said...

I love all those ideas, especially the duvet covers! I hope you'll post pictures of your new projects!

I have a small quilt made from pieces of black and red floral corduroy fabrics that's a favourite, and just last week my cousin gave me an old quilt our grandma made from leftover overcoat fabrics. The cloth is horrible - very scratchy - but I'll get it cleaned and it'll go on a spare bed anyway. It weighs a ton! lol

I finally had to throw away my patched jeans. It was a sad day. :)

Babylon Sisters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

I love the patchwork bags and vintage fabric bags! I would love a whole set of shopping bags in the vintage fabric. Maybe you could make a set and I could test them out! lol

Babylon Sisters said...

I love the duvet cover and pillows too - I'd love to try making one if I could find fabric that nice!

I have two quilts my grandmother made from men's suits and coat - just horrible, I agree. I couldn't possibly part with them though...

Thanks for the comments!

Babylon Sisters said...

I do have a really cute pattern for cloth bags in the same shape as regular grocery store bags. I made some from barkcloth a long time ago that turned our really nice. I'll see what fabric I have...

Linda said...

Hi Mary!! I love the bags!!! my favorite...I am going through a transition myself....a new idea for my store with the macrame as part of it...coming soon...Hope you are well Sistah <3

Babylon Sisters said...

Hi Linda!! I've been thinking about you! All is well here in Grandmother land - newest baby boy is 5 months old so it's been hard to have creative time. I'm doing house stuff first - trying to make better use of our space and clear out the clutter and stale energy that goes with it...

Can't wait to see your new ideas - let's go girl! xoxo