Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cape Breton Farmhouse

Some pictures of our sweet old family farmhouse in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia where we spent our summer vacation...


The house is closed up all winter.  It must be happy to have lots of summer activity!


The pantry - my favorite little room in the world!


The old fashioned kitchen is our gathering place.


The living room set up for kids to watch movies.  We don't have television service and I kind of regret buying the DVD player - it kept them inside too much!




Cozy bedrooms and vintage quilts.


Mermaids are a theme in the bathroom.


The porch with a fresh coat of paint.


A fantastic sky!


Looking back down the road - no neighbours in sight!

Missing the little house until next year...
xoxoMary


7 comments:

Andrea said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Can't wait to visit again!

Babylon Sisters said...

Missing Cape Breton and our darling Ed tonight!

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Mary....what a quaint little spot......such a step back in time.

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

Yes, it really is. I think my Grandmother would be happy it's still so nice!

Michele Wilde said...

I love it and would definitely call it home. Lucky you!

JoKnows said...

Everything looks very familiar. ;) I wonder who made the quilts? We had a bunch around our house growing up, but they were all made by Mom's mother. :)

Babylon Sisters said...

I actually bought all of the quilts here and shipped them to a friend in Mabou who kept them for me until we got there last year. It was a fairly crazy thing to do but I just thought they would suit the house so well...