Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Musings...

It's Mother's Day - time again for that awful clash of imagination versus reality which happens so often - in my life anyway...


Being a mother really was the ultimate thing for me.  I have three daughters (now grown).  I was able to be a stay at home Mom for much of the time when they were small.  


I baked bread, sewed their clothes, knitted them sweaters...


I did become a single mother when they were a bit older which wasn't exactly awesome but I did still try really hard...


At some point though I realized that the mother I think I was, and am, is definitely not the same one my daughters think they have.


It has repeatedly come to my attention that they don't think I'm all that great.


I've really messed up in more ways than I could have ever imagined.


I'm never able to say the right things.


I'm a Grandmother now so I'm sure I'll do much better at this.


I really love being a Grandmother.  So far the kids seem to think I'm ok.  I guess all I can do is try and hope for the best but you really never know...

xoxoMary

2 comments:

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

Grandma is more fun anyway!

Babylon Sisters said...

So true!I prefer to be like the Aunts in Practical Magic - chocolate cake for breakfast!