Thursday, May 14, 2015

Break the Mold

I've had an ah-ha moment!  Actually, it's HUGE so it's more of an AH-HA moment.  I've been really struggling with the concept of being put in a mold...


It seems to me that we are so often put in certain 'molds'.  Age, gender, economic status... 

The list is endless and they're all kind of awful.

We're expected to fit a certain set of behaviors that are more often than not thrust upon us - usually without our approval.


I've been totally guilty of going along with it and worrying so much over who I'm 'supposed' to be.

It's exhausting.  I'm done.

AH-HA!  I don't have to fit into any mold at all!  


It's something I knew but I didn't really.  It just occurred to me that I can make it REAL.  I can move beyond my fear of being judged and just BE.  

My AH-HA moment!  I know, I know, it took long enough, right? 

Better late than never, etc...

What a relief! 
xoxoMary



7 comments:

Tilda said...

Halleluja, sister! Wasn't it Virgina Woolf who said something like "other people's eyes are our prisons, their thoughts our cages" or something to that effect. When you cease to care what other people see or think, you begin to move towards freedom :)

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

People will rely on you to stay the same to suit THEIR needs. Breaking any kind of mold just means you are going to piss people off. But it must be done to grow. And each time you piss people off, they will get over it and adapt to the new and improved you. Or not. But that is their problem, not yours.

Babylon Sisters said...

So true Tilda and Janis! Thank you so much for the comments! Thinking of the Tracy Chapman song "Talkin'About A Revolution"...

My Grama's Soul said...

Ahhh,...Mary.....finally finding and accepting who you are. It sometimes does take a lifetime to do this. I know it did for me. I did the Corporate Wife thing for many years....looking perfect and trying to fit in (where I actually did not belong). Anyway, at 68 I can finally be the aging bohemian that I was never allowed to be when I was younger. It is so much easier than trying to be who you ARE NOT!!!

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

I so agree! I've been always worried about how I'm SUPPOSED to be - very unsuccessfully. I'm 57 - definitely an aging bohemian...

Bohemian said...

Here's to Non-Conforming and breaking Free of any and all Barriers or being Molded! You go Girl! I recently read a Beautiful Quote that I could so Relate to in a very Personal way and it was somewhat of an Epiphany for me as well: "She woke up one day and decided to quit cleaning her house and decorate her Soul instead." Amen to that! Coming to you Today from a messy house, but a Gloriously Decorated Soul... Dawn... The Bohemian

Babylon Sisters said...

Oh Dawn, I love that! Thank you!