Thursday, April 30, 2015

Gray Hair Don't Care

So, here's the thing - I'm not dyeing my hair anymore.  Well, at least I'm not dyeing it all-over blonde.


Not that yellow hair isn't a great look for some people but I'm just done with it.


My natural color has probably always been sort of a dirty blonde.   "Dirty blonde", isn't that just what you want to hear your hair described as?


"Tanned blonde" sounds better.  Anyway, I never left it alone for a minute ever since I discovered the horrors of Sun-In when I was a teenager.  Always lighter, darker, streakier...


My timing is perfect.  This article on the Huffington Post says 'Granny Hair' is very in right now.


EVERYONE is getting in on the trend!


So, here's my mine right now.  Can't wait to see what my REAL color is going to be!

I'll keep you posted
xoxoMary

9 comments:

Bohemian said...

I was always very timid about changing my Natural color too much, highlights were about all I'd attempt. Now as a Senior, with some Silver hair presenting itself I too am wondering if going 100% Natural would be the way to go eventually? My problem, the Silver is coming in so slowly that I may be like my Native American Grandma and never actually have 100% Senior hair, just streaks of it amongst the dark? Not certain I'm going for the Lilly Munster look, so for now the Highlites shall remain. *smiles* Dawn... The Bohemian

Babylon Sisters said...

Dawn your highlights are just right for you. I think that might be my answer too if I'm not as gray as I think...always grateful for you and so inspired by you!

Amber/ Vudupink said...

Just cut off the bleached hair a few months ago to embrace the grey and I was really excited to see how much there was.Its an amazing feeling! I'm so proud of myself.One,for living this long lol, and two, for having the courage to check what was under there.I've been lightly tinting the grey with violet. It doesn't hide it, just enhances the beauty of it. So rock and roll. You will love your grey,I promise!

Babylon Sisters said...

I've got some gorgeous lavender color mousse ready to go!

LANA said...

My hair is/was also "dirty" blonde (dark ash blonde), now about 75% salt and pepper. I got sick of the expensive upkeep so I let it grow out. It was still a mousy salt and pepper so what I do is twice a year I have some white highlights put just on the crown. Makes a big difference but it is still mostly my natural grey. I love it.

Babylon Sisters said...

Definitely thinking highlights are the way to go - Lana, your grey is gorgeous!

My Grama's Soul said...

You know, Mary, I dyed my hair for years attempting to look younger....You know how our society is!! Anyway, have not been doing that for years now and my hair is a wonderful shiny silver color. I got complements ALL THE TIME on my color......GO FIGURE?? LOL LOL

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

Jo this is one of those things I forgot to remember - natural is best!

Michele Wilde said...

The 20-somethings are dying their hair grey now. They always want to follow the Boomers!