Sunday, February 15, 2015

Time to Shine

You know how 'they' say that you shouldn't use shiny or sparkly make-up when you get older?

Well, 'they' are totally wrong.

From my extensive research (watching people at the airport), I can conclusively say that the absolutely MOST aging thing is a dry pasty look.


 Skin and/or hair - dry and pasty doesn't work if one want to look alive...


We do have to be careful with our make-up as we get older.

Here are a few products I like and recommend to banish the blahs and get shining...


We were shopping at Victoria's Secret today and I was looking for this shine mist hair spray.  I told my granddaughter (10 yrs. old) and she said, "Oh, I don't need that.".  Exactly.  You don't.  I do.


No, Olay is not just as good.


A foundation with a dewy finish is a must.


Dewy setting spray?  Cheating?  Who cares - find it and use it.  It's gorgeous!


Please don't leave the sparkly eye shadows for the kids!  Urban Decay eye shadow is so fun and up-lifting...


Love glitter nail polish!  Fairy fingers...


Shine on!
xoxoMary


6 comments:

Carol said...

I have heard good things about La Mer products - I need to try some out. But what really sparked my curiosity was the NYX Dewy spray.

(what also sparks my curiosity is why do we drop the second 'u' in 'curiosity'?)

janis daly said...

I love Elf's All Over Color Stick in Persimmon. I've tried expensive shiny blushes and always come back to this inexpensive creamy shiny blush. I feel it gives me shiny high cheekbones like Kate Moss! lol!

Babylon Sisters said...

Here's my take on the La Mer - I only buy the 1oz jar of face cream so I don't know much about the other products. It's about $160 BUT the ladies at Saks will give 4 samples with it. If you have a choice always get the serum because it's beyond expensive and it makes the face cream go way further. I use the cream very carefully - a pea size with the little scoop. I have zero belief or interest in 'anti-aging' or 'fighting wrinkles' or any other such foolishness. I love the La Mer because it's very moisturizing and comforting.

The Dewy spray I found at Nordstrom Rack for $8! There's a price I like!

Babylon Sisters said...

Must try that blush!

Babylon Sisters said...

Carol the u in curiosity thing I just don't know about...

Carol said...

Thanks for the tips! I don't wear foundation or blush, but my skin has been quite dry, esp in this blasted cold! Wonder if the NYX would work on plain skin?

Yeah, weird English spelling rules, huh!? ;)