Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How to (Pretend to) Stay Warm

It's cold here in Houston and our house is just not made for this weather.

The windows rattle.  The floor is freezing.  There's a gale blowing down the fireplace, even with the damper closed.


I didn't feel like tending a fire until later so I put up a curtain to try and block the breeze and then lit candles for the illusion of warmth.


Hazel Rose has the right idea on her comfy quilt.


Borrowing my granddaughter's crazy slippers.


Took pictures of new curtains I made inside.  I usually hang them outside to photograph in natural light but not today...

Stay cozy!
xoxoMary

5 comments:

Carol said...

Your home looks so cozy - and I think I need those slippers!

Big Rory Road Creative Thrifty Living said...

We stayed in all day. It was way too cold. Wind actually blows through the holes in the walls and floors. I think I will get a pair of those slippers.

JoKnows said...

Looks like you are staying warm in style! Love the fireplace look! Funny, I borrowed my daughter's gloves to stay warm while typing! But I wouldn't be borrowing anybody's slippers with my giant feet!

LANA said...

Might want to rethink the curtains and candles at the fireplace. Looks like a fire safety hazard.

Babylon Sisters said...

Haha, Lana you are my kind of person! The candles are in jars and I moved them way out from the curtain after the photo. Even then I was as nervous as a cat the whole time they were lit...