Friday, October 3, 2014

Peacocks in Houston

I came across this photo on Pinterest.  Beautiful textiles and a peacock just outside the window...


Impossible - right?  Well, NO!  Here in Houston, not far from where we live, there is a neighborhood with their very own wild peacocks.





The first time I saw one I was so amazed I stopped and told a policeman further down the street.  Of course, he already knew about them and told me there are about 50 of them in the area.  Some of the residents don't like them but I think most do.  I would totally love to live in peacock land!  

Would you?



6 comments:

Tilda said...

Wow, that is great!! We have groups of wild turkeys that hang out in some neighborhoods, but nothing as fancy as peacocks :)

Deb said...

Oh my goodness! I would crash my car looking at them. Here in Chicago it might not be good, gets too cold, but yes, yes I would like peacocks in my neighborhood.

Growing up around Detroit, one of my college friends lived within lion's roar distance of the Detroit zoo. And if you stretched your neck enough in their backyard you could see camels!

Babylon Sisters said...

I think I would like lion's roars although it might make my dogs a bit nervous...haha!

Linda said...

Oh I would love to have some peacocks traveling around my yard...not sure how the girls would react...they have a fit if the turkeys come by for seeds...LOL

Babylon Sisters said...

I was vacuuming my car at a car wash place earlier today and a little family of chickens came to check me out - probably from a yard nearby. Love chickens! (Definitely not to eat though)

Linda said...

Same here...I gave up eating chickens a couple years ago...we raised some meat chickens for organic reasons but i got so attached to them I cried for a month after the Hubby took them away......their little faces haunted me...it was good tho I went back to vegetarianism...my husband still does but not as much I noticed...;)