Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Retropolis

So, my news is that I'm totally excited to have rented a new space in Retropolis, the vintage superstore of Houston.  I love having an Etsy shop but it was taking up too much space in our house and some things just need to be seen...


Retropolis is on 19th St. in Houston - a great walkable area of cool shops.  The outside is a bit unassuming.  Ha,ha, don't let that fool you...


Retropolis is two floors overflowing with everything vintage and fabulous...


There are over 30 dealers so it can be a bit overwhelming...


The building itself it totally funky - all original brick and wood...


My husband and I moved things in today in a bit of a rush..


We're off to Denver tomorrow morning so it's a start...

Cher Castro, the owner, is one of my favorite people ever.  I worked for her years ago before we moved to New Orleans.  I've had butterflies in my stomach all day doing something so new and different...

butterflies are good, don't you think?  wish me luck...

xoxoMary

2 comments:

JoKnows said...

Congratulations! And good luck! What a fun looking place. :)

Victoria Harvey said...

awesome!