Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Safe Christmas Gift Idea

A safe Christmas gift idea - I think.  It's a candle warmer!  I bought one a few months ago.  I was in a small shop that smelled really good and the guy was a great salesman.  I thought it was brilliant...


The idea is that you plug it in and just warm the candle on it to release the scent - rather than actually burning the candle.

In our family, openly burning candles is fraught with peril...

Here are the features* of the candle warmer -

  • Warming plate quickly warms candle to melt scented wax releasing fragrance into the home
  • Eliminates fire hazard, smoke damage, and indoor pollution caused by burning candles indoors
  • Fits large and small candle sizes
  • Side heat vents disperse heat out and away from the warmer's base to prevent overheating
  • On/Off switch with light indicator indicates when warmer is on



I bought this Trapp candle to go with it.  The selling point that got me was that warming the candle rather than burning it would make it last REALLY long.


Images of Jo Malone candles lasting forever danced in my head.

Not really though.

Maybe I just got used to the smell.  My house is very scented - candles, incense, etc...


The candle warmer IS excellent for me to use up all the bits of jar candles when the wick is gone.

Perfect.

I think it would also make a great gift for someone who's a bit afraid to burn candles. (See features*)

Afraid to burn candles?  Yes.


I'm sure there are families who just burn candles willy-nilly with no regard for impending doom but my family is not one of them.  

So, I'm recommending the candle warmer as a great Christmas gift idea.  Even though one of my uncles (Donald) and one of my brothers (Bobby) who shall remain nameless still wouldn't trust it...

Happy safe shopping! xoxoMary


2 comments:

House Of Babylon said...

Would never work. You would be busy doing all your home stuff and suddenly remember that you are no longer smelling the candle. BECAUSE BOBBY UNPLUGGED IT DUE TO FIRE HAZARD!

Carol said...

Great idea! I am not a candle burning person in general - I like the stronger scent from incenses, but I do have some gifted scented candles around!