Monday, November 25, 2013

Mori Girl Style


Did everyone on earth except me already know about Mori Girl style?  There's an explanation here...


"Mori" girl means forest girl and the idea is to wear natural fabrics and clothing which looks like you made it and could live in the forest.  Loose fitting layers.  Vintage.  Natural make-up.  Read books.  Take pictures.  Study the forest plants and creatures...


I made this very belated discovery by happening upon Tilda's gorgeous Pinterest board "Mori Girl Inspired".

I had no idea there was a name or a style - and it's big in Japan!

Trendy?  Stylish?  You can't be serious!


Here in Texas our Mori Girl high priestess would be the beautiful and natural Robin of Magnolia Pearl fame...


A person of the blonde persuasion who doesn't wear mascara is so inspiring!  I'm so pale I don't EXIST without mascara!

Robin Pearl Brown and Tilda Swinton - thank you so much!


I adore this look!  I'm SO Mori and didn't even know it.

I'm from Nova Scotia.  I've spent most of my life in layers of natural fabrics.  Mostly because it was really cold.  While actually living in the forest!  Mostly because as hippies we were really poor...


I don't want to be a 'girl' anything but "Mori Woman"?

Yes, please...

Everything old is new again!

Love, peace and layers xoxo

3 comments:

Tilda said...

I looove Magnolia Pearl! There is a store in town that carries her clothes and I always imagine myself dressed head to toe in her creations, dancing through the meadow:) And I'm glad you caught on to the "mori woman" thing---those of us who aren't teens and twenties can certainly still rock the style!

JoKnows said...

New to me too! I had never heard of this. I like it! (Although not TOO many layers.) :)

Babylon Sisters said...

haha you're right - don't want to cross over into 'bag lady'!