Monday, September 30, 2013

Big Rory Road


Summer is over for another year on Big Rory Road.  My aunt is still in Cape Breton - the other relatives have all gone so she's alone on the road.  She has her little dog with her and stays very busy working on the house.  The last I heard she was trying to decide on what color to paint the stove pipe...


My mother is still in Nova Scotia too, although not entirely voluntarily.  She is a Canadian citizen who lives in the US so she needed a new passport to get back into the States.  We had been trying to tell her this for awhile but she doesn't have much regard for things like International Law.  Details are sketchy on what she and the aunts (average age 80)  actually did or said at the passport office.  Luckily, no charges were filed but she does have to wait for things to cool off so she can try it again...


One of the many things I love about Cape Breton are these molasses cookies.  They're called "Fat Archies" and the recipe I've been using is here.  Delicious!

xoxo from Big Rory Road


2 comments:

JoKnows said...

I remember the road well. ;)

And I guess your mom has a bit of a temper like her eldest brother? ;)

Babylon Sisters said...

She's calmer these days but you don't want to see her lose it - we're still afraid she'll whack us with something if we don't act right :)