Thursday, July 19, 2012

ENID COLLINS PURSES




I just listed this great Enid Collins style purse on my Etsy shop.  It's in great condition and I love the peacock design.




This particular purse would have been made from a kit.  It's not a genuine Enid Collins.  It was the DIY version at the time.


Enid Collins was a designer based  in the Hill Country of Texas in the 50s through the 70s.  During the 1960s her purses were sold in high end stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th Avenue.  Her bags were THE thing to carry. 


THE thing to carry. 
 Check out the Enid Collins website for tons of great information.



Pinterest has lots of Enid Collins love!


Keep an Enid Collins purse (or fabulous fake) in mind if you're looking for the perfect gift for the vintage lover!



2 comments:

Linda said...

This was interesting...I remember seeing these..I am not sure but I think my Gram had one...or it looked like it anyway..I love her green outfit...late 50's - 60's definitely!! LOL

Dina said...

What a fun post! I've been wanting one of these for a while now...I like the roadrunner, the "owl & pussycat" and the cable car...I want one of each!That lady with the cat's eye classes and the fur coat is pretty awesome rockin' her Enid!