Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PINTEREST - JUST DO IT!

I love finding new ideas and inspiration on Pinterest.  I realized the other day that I have so many good ideas 'pinned' that it might be a good idea to actually make and do these things.  So, my goal is to accomplish more (and maybe pin less!).  Here's where I plan to start -


These glass globes are easy to find at thrift stores.  Spray with Krylon or any good quality spray paint and hang with jute cord.  I'm going to hang them on the patio and burn tea lights.  Should be beautiful at night...


I have a ridiculous amount of old doilies and vintage linens.  I'm thinking of doing another version of my gypsy curtains with lace and doilies.  Coming soon...


This looks like fun.  Doilies dipped in fabric stiffener and shaped around a balloon to make a lampshade.


My daughter needs a big tray for a big ottoman.  I haven't been able to find the right size so I'm going to make one from a picture frame.  This one has scrapbook paper under the glass and drawer pulls for handles.  Love it!


This one's for me.  Denim shirt plus vintage scarf.  One of my old favorite shirts has paint on the front.  Can't wait to try it...


Easy and elegant.  Chandelier crystals on fishing line in a sunny window.


I can never pass up pretty saucers.  These would be great for my Etsy shop.


Another gypsy curtain variation - with vintage hankies.  Off to sew and create...

All images today are from my Pinterest boards.  Go there and click to find original sources.




2 comments:

Linda said...

I love pinterest...tons of ideas...I love the doily ideas too...It is raining to day so I think I will do some sewing as well...I love that tray idea!!!

Have a great day!!!

XO

Alicia Sotherland said...

Great ideas... thank you for the inspiration.. now to find the time!