Thursday, June 14, 2012

BOHEMIAN GOTHIC

Have you seen this fantastic lamp on Pinterest?


Well, it turns out there's MORE and they're at peacockgypsy's Etsy shop. Look at these amazing creations !





I have just the place in my living room for that last one - sigh...

If you like things along the baroque-victorian-gothic lines like I do you must check out Gothic Rose Antiques.  There's an actual shop in Placerville, California, an on-line shop at their own web-site, and also an Etsy shop.


I'ver never been to Placerville but I think it would be worth the trip.


Admittedly, I'm not brave enough for taxidermy or human hair, but there are some gorgeous items I could live with.


Love these witchy jars!


Wonderful old oil portrait.


A mysterious mask.


An 18th century sedan chair used as a fortune telling booth.  


Antique hat.



2 comments:

Gayle said...

Those lamps are gorgeous! I love Gothic Rose Antiques too, but I agree, some things aren't for me.......like gaters!!(unless they are cowboy boots!:)

Alicia Sotherland said...

wow.. love those lamps.. also I have been to Placerville.. its a beautiful town..that alone is worth the trip.. maybe next time I am up there I will look them up.. did I say how much I love those lamps????