Thursday, May 24, 2012

HOUSEPLANTS - Not Just for Hippies!

Houseplants were always a hippie decorating staple.  We especially loved our spider plants.


When we first moved to Houston one of my husband's work friends came to our house for dinner.  After looking around our house he asked me why I didn't have more houseplants.  It took me about 10 years to realize he was being facetious.  I always take "hippie" to be a compliment, not an insult.

Well, once again, the hippies were right.  Look at the top ten houseplants for improving the air quality in your house.


AND, Look at all these inspiring ideas for decorating with plants.  
















The Jungle Room.  Elvis was a hippie!

4 comments:

Linda said...

The hippies are always right!!! LOL great post...you have reminded me I need to get a new spider plant....

Love the decorating pics...especially the bathroom...

:) XO

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

This post came at a wonderful time for me! I am houseplant deficient and have just recently been thinking about houseplants and getting some. Well, a lot. Thanks for the post!

Michele Wilde said...

I review many of your past posts over and over because they make me feel good. About this houseplant site, and hippies, recently when I moved to a new city and had nothing, I got an apartment and my friend asked me what furniture I wanted to get first, and she would help me. I said, I don't care about any furniture, I need plants! She couldn't believe I wanted lots of plants before buying a a bed!

Babylon Sisters said...

I'm going on vacation soon and I'm SO worried no one will look after my plants properly!