Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Save the Silver!

I don't know about other cities, but EVERYWHERE you go in Houston there are places buying gold and silver. There seems to be one every block or so with crazy people out waving signs and arrows.  Apparently everyone is selling their gold and silver jewelry for cash as fast as they can.  I've never really been a fan of gold but I am worried about silver.  I love silver jewelry and would hate to see it go extinct.  Here are some pieces I found on Etsy - so glad they didn't have them melted down...


These earrings are stamped and signed.  A very wearable style from Taking Shape.


This is so gorgeous!  A treasure from thebestvintage.


This flask is a work of art.  SilverMagpies has lots of beautiful and useful silver items.


This ring is exactly my size.  Might need to get it from GreenEyedEnvy.


Silver bangles are my favorite.  Love this one from hmael.


My parents had a lot of silver pieces they would have received as wedding gifts.  I loved the job of polishing the silver when I was a kid!  This set is from rovervintage.


How sweet is this antique brooch?  Hand painted miniature in a silver frame from ParisAtelier.


Another pretty bangle from DecoratingYourself.

Off to look through my jewelry and polish my silver...



2 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for the awesome post, I love the silver cuff with the turquoise from "thebestvintage", exactly my style. Never can have too many silver cuffs with stones. Love your blog!

Linda said...

I love silver!!!! I was collecting 925 silver on Ebay for awhile before the prices skyrocketed but I have a nice stash which I will definitely hold on to...they advertise up here in the paper but haven't seen anyone on the streets...yet....give it time...

great post...

:)