Friday, April 6, 2012

Butterflies and Mushrooms

I've been embroidering and patching old jeans for my Etsy shop.  This has turned out to be kind of a labor-intensive-crazy-lunatic thing to do but I'm OK with that.  I decided to listen to one of my favorite bands of the early 70's for some inspiration as I was sewing.  LIGHTHOUSE from Ontario, Canada.  I thought the lead singer was just the cutest...


In one of the videos I watched he's wearing a t-shirt with a big butterfly on the front.  Butterflies were obviously a theme.  


So, I'm going to embroider some butterflies on the jeans.  Here's an example of the real thing from the 70's at amy4catherine on Etsy.



Can't forget mushrooms though - also very popular with hippie types...
I just sold these 70's mushroom shakers from my Etsy shop today.


My sister has this leather cuff in her shop - Trailer Park Gypsy.  Butterflies AND mushrooms - perfect!


Crazy plastic wall art at Babylon Sisters.


Love the pattern on these little note cards from RetroMemories.


More vintage embroidery at TinyWingsVintage.  Note - mushrooms and butterflies.



3 comments:

Linda said...

OMG I forgot about them...Wow...and yes he was a cutie :)

Love that long hair!! now I am going to check out that leather cuff with the mushrooms...:)

Alicia Sotherland said...

cool stuff... ahhh the memories...

Metal Wall Art said...

I love to use traditional Japanese art subjects, such as orchids, bamboo, dragons and cherry blossoms, and mix them with my own contemporary style and personality. From samurai paintings to modern Japanese calligraphy art, nothing is off limits. It is my daily quest to create contemporary Japanese paintings and prints that will bring style to your modern home.