Friday, March 2, 2012

Something To THINK About...


Marajuana needs to be legalized.  This is ridiculous.  I'm not saying this for me - I don't smoke it.



I'd kind of like to be able to smoke it though.  It would be nice to be more mellow.  I'm not mellow.



The problem I see is making criminals out of totally harmless people.  One of our friends was arrested this week - in New Orleans.  He was riding his bike and had a small bag of weed.  He is probably the most peaceful person I know.  I find it hard to believe there wasn't something more pressing going on in New Orleans that night for the police to pay attention to.



I really can't believe we're still having this conversation.  Except I guess we're not even having it because it's still illegal and it's still ridiculous.

Here are some great sites with honest information - Cultural Baggage and Drug Sense.



Oh, and he didn't have reflectors on his bike.  A little high on a bike or a lot drunk in a car - which is the menace to society?

4 comments:

Alicia Sotherland said...

Agree.

Kathy said...

My husband and I had this same conversation
earlier this week....we are living in
some crazy times....

Linda said...

OH I completely agree...this conversation is as unnecessary as the one on birth control!!! there are much more important things to worry about...Glad you wrote this...I am writing one right now on all the different things that come from such a sustainable plant... and I do smoke it and it was an immense help during my cancer treatments...Well done!!!

Barbara said...

Totally agree with you - sorry to hear about your friend.