Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Spring!

It's Spring in Houston - that short period of time when we work feverishly on our yards imagining all the beautiful outdoor living we're going to be doing.  Before the heat defeats us and most of our plants, that is.  Here are some of the ideas that are inspiring me this year -


I like this idea of stringing prayer flags under the umbrella.


I have a canvas gazebo but this wooden structure would be so much better.


Our fence is kind of rough looking so hiding it is definitely the way to go.


I'm going to start adding colorful scarves to the inside of the gazebo for a gypsy tent...


Lots of lights, of course.  I get mini lights at Micheal's with brown cords so they blend in with the fence.  The cords don't fool the squirrels though who eat through them as fast as I put them up.


Spanish moss is always a big part of my outdoor decorating.


I'll need a comfortable chair to relax in when all this work is done.  It's going to be in the low 80's all this week so I better get outside and get going!

All of these images are from my Ideas and Inspiration board on Pinterest.

No comments: