Thursday, January 12, 2012

Smokin' and Drinkin'

Babylon Sisters just got back from a few days in New Orleans.  Beautiful weather, great scenery, inspiring people, delicious meals - the usual reasons we love it there.  Of course, New Orleans is known as a place where having a few cocktails is accepted and encouraged but I had totally forgotten about smoking in public.  Wow!  It's amazing to me how something that used to be so common seems so bizarre now.  Scary even. We've heard so much about the negative effects of smoking that I wondered if I'd just keel off my chair dead when the table next to us lit up.  Three young-ish men chain smoking cigarettes and drinking scotch on the rocks - triples, I believe - you go Rat Pack!

So, if you laugh in the face of danger, guffaw at modern medical science (and don't have to get up for work in the morning) - here are some great items from Babylon Sister's "smokin' and drinkin'" section you might enjoy -



Keep your beer cold watching the game with these thermo-serv mugs.



Vintage Maurice USA ceramic ashtray.



Swanky bottles in a metal holder for the hard stuff.



A relic from when hotels had smoking rooms.  Now I'm worried we might get charged $300 if we light incense - does that count?



"Highballs" all around in these vintage Georges Briard tumblers!



Individual chintzware ashtrays for the ladies.



"Booze Hound" bottle - maybe a gift for a friend who needs a little hint...


1 comment:

Linda said...

LOL I forgot about these...I quit smoking years ago...well maybe not "everything" LOL...I can remember some really ornate ashtrays that I had... NOLA must be the last of the wild frontier!! LOL

:)