Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A New Project

I've been thinking of adding another layer to my bedding.  I have two beautiful quilts that I love -



this is one of them...



I have it layered with this one - I did say I'm a maximalist.

 I need a little more warmth and some texture so I'm going to knit a colorful afghan.  I know, how 70's, right ?  Here are some patterns that might work -


This one is really colorful but I'm not sure about the pattern.  I need to do it without really looking while I'm watching kids so maybe too complicated.



I like this but I'm not very good at seams so that might not work.  I'd rather do something in one piece.



On the other hand, this book looks so interesting I might have to learn how to sew squares together in a neat way.



I don't know how to crochet but this might be the inspiration I need to learn.



This was actually my original inspiration (from Anthroparodie).  OK, I'd leave out the wet moss.



I went to Hobby Lobby and bought this yarn but not in this color.  The color I have is called "Hope's Roses".  I think it will be perfect - I'll let you know.



1 comment:

Barbara said...

Yummy quilts! I still have a fabulous afghan my mom knitted for me in the 70s. Can't wait to see how it comes out!