Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today's Treasures

A few things I found at the thrift stores today -


This is a painted and stencilled piece of wood trimmed with upholstery tacks all along the top.  Someone probably made it for a headboard - maybe single or double size, I'm not sure.  I immediately thought 'gypsy caravan' but that's what I always immediately think.  Maybe over a door or window?  It's quite heavy so not easy to attach to a wall.  I'm just not sure what to do with it but it was $3., so I'll think of something.



A bag of tiny bells to sew on gypsy curtains for my Etsy shop - 50 cents.



3 yards of this ethnic/hippie style fabric.  $6.  I'm thinking comfy wide leg pants.  Maybe a sash type belt embellished with tiny gold bells!



A fancy box with little trinkets.  A no special occasion surprise for our seven year old granddaughter.

3 comments:

Vintage Green said...

You found some great things!!! Love that fabric!

Linda said...

Wow love all the deals...I really like that headboard in the first picture...very Bohemian!! and for $3.00!!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Air Bohemia said...

Great stuff, love the fabric...you make this gypsy soul sing...and want to go to Good Will...ha!!!