Monday, September 26, 2011

The New Gypsies


Wonderful photographs of Gypsies and gypsy wagons by Iian McKell.












These would be the UK variety of gypsies who are not terribly popular with everyone.  I watched quite a bit about them on television the last time I was in England.  They get evicted from places a lot. 

I'm sympathetic to the gypsies.  I would be though since I'm Scottish and Irish with strong gypsy tendencies in my own family.

Of course there are (at least) two sides to every story.  I know some of the stereotypes about gypsies seem unfair but I did have my wallet stolen one night in the French Quarter of New Orleans listening to a wild gypsy band... 

1 comment:

Vintage Green said...

It all looks and seems so romantic but when you go to McKells' sight and look a bit closer....it looks a bit harsh.