Monday, September 19, 2011

Something from Something...

I love the idea of making things out of other things.  Recycling, upcycling, re-purposing - anything that keeps things from being thrown away.   There is no 'away'.  

I've made curtains for my Etsy shop from vintage scarves, bits of lace and fabric, etc..   I have the materials for lots more curtains but I also want to sew and create altered clothing and accessories.

FashionRefashion is just the inspiration I needed.  LOOK!
















I have to go sew now.  Do check out this gorgeous blog! xoxo

3 comments:

Vintage Green said...

I am taking a break from some recycling/sewing as we speak......but seriously....those flags???

WOW!!!!!!!!

rachelsmith133 said...

Ooo that first skirt is especially gorgeous and the lacy gloves.

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

Beautiful pieces all the way through. Houston has the most creative people in the world and you sisters have got it. Thank God it's raining! I am a Houston boy myself and I miss it greatly. Keep up the good work.