Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creating Order Out of Chaos


Do you ever completely lose control of your creative space? I'm lucky enough to have a loft studio in our not so big house and I love it. As hard as I try though, it only seems to remain tidy for very short periods of time. After that, it looks like a bomb went off...







Seriously, a disaster area.



It reminds me of Rene Russo's studio in a movie that I love -



Yours, Mine and Ours (2005 version)

In the movie she didn't ever want her studio cleaned up.  In real life, I do.



So, I worked at it for two days.



Keep in mind this is a real space - unstaged if that's a word.  Painted hot pink because it's our 7 yr. old's favorite and home to two cats as evidenced by the 'cat scratch fever' on our desk chairs.



I have to have storage for all my Etsy items.



I organized all my shelves.



Thrift store furniture and Ikea boxes to organize all my sewing supplies.



So much better - but for how long?

4 comments:

Vintage Green said...

I am guilty of the before pictures.......
ummmm, are you available??

rachelsmith133 said...

I think you have a great crafting space, even in the before pictures, it looks like fun and exciting crafty things happen there.

Linda said...

I am in the process of redoing my craft room too... organizing mostly...Love the loft as a creative space...messy or neat, it looks like a place of fun!! :D

Celia said...

You have a beautiful crafting space!