Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspiration, Coincidence and Connection

I often google random words and phrases to find inspiration.  'Eclectic decor' almost always leads to something I love.  'Fantasy costume' was a bit of a mistake but that's another story.  Anyway, this room caught my eye...



Love the bright colors and the modern-hippie vibe!


The vintage dining set with the wood floors and the wallpaper - all excellent.



Even the closet is cool.  Wait a minute!  I recognize this closet!  What the...



I've had this picture in an inspiration journal for ages.  (It's dated 2007)



I've also had this picture of orange pots forever just because I love it.



It turns out that these images are all from the home of  Linda Wary and John Meyers of Wary Meyers Decorative Arts in Portland, Maine.  Their blog is sure to become one of my favorites.



Browsing through their inspiring blog, I found this -  an advertisement from 1975 to visit the home of the Danish artist Bjorn Wiinblad.  Well, the funny thing is...



I just found this ceramic trinket box and listed it in my Etsy shop yesterday.  I had no idea what it was at the time but thought anything called 'cigarette' had to be interesting.



How cool is that?

1 comment:

Moon to Moon said...

I love that picture of the les cruset pans. I have begun to collect those myself xx