Saturday, January 8, 2011

What the ___ is going on out there???

I have three large rescued dogs.  I don't live on a farm or even in a large house.  They are very badly behaved.  They don't listen.  My dogs pretty much run the show around here.

Usually I get up quite early to let them out in the yard, feed them, etc. but today I just had to sleep in for a bit.  You know when you're cold but you can't quite get up to get another blanket?  This morning was like that.  The dogs were by the front door barking hysterically for about an hour and I just couldn't get up to see what was going on.  They do this very often and there's pretty much never anything going on.

Today was no exception.  There was nothing going on.  I got thinking though - what if I don't check and someday something is going on?  Something really crazy.  Something really out-of-the-ordinary.  Something I really should have gotten up to check on...



Maybe a UFO crashed in the yard,



or there's a deranged salesman at the door.



Maybe our house is falling off the edge of the earth,



or opportunity is knocking.



Maybe it's the Spanish Inquisition.  No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.



Maybe a meteor landed,



or my car is being stolen.



Maybe it's an unruly mob,



or maybe next time I should just get up and look.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how about training your dogs to STFU?