Tuesday, January 4, 2011

If I had a million dollars...

Today, I've been thinking about money.  I think it would probably be safe to say that nearly everyone is thinking about money nearly all the time.  At least that's how it seems here in the 'civilized' world.



Personally, I would rather be thinking about things like, "What color is the aurora borealis going to be tonight?", "Is the tide coming in or going out?", or even, "Do you think the neighbors can hear us?".



That being said, when rich people say money doesn't buy happiness, I would have to say p-shaw to that.  That's just what rich people want us to think and money would buy a whole lot of happiness for those of us that can be trusted with both money and happiness.



I think it would be kind of cool to be able to spend money and not know EXACTLY how much was left - but that's just me.



Thinking about money personally soon leads to thinking about money globally and then it gets rather astounding.   The line between rich and poor is so pronounced in so many countries!



We always hear statistics like only 1% or 2% of the total population are rich.  Do they all live in Houston?  There are massive areas of massive homes EVERYWHERE here.



I've had absolutely no money and I've been 'comfortable'.  Comfortable is better.  But what if I had tons of money?  What would I do with it?  Here's what I would spend money on...



A chauffeur - I don't like driving.  He's have to be super-careful though because I'm as nervous as a cat and almost always have small children with me.



A personal (vegetarian) chef.  I do love to cook but I'm sure someone else could do much better.



Maybe an art collection.



Books, books, and more books!



Have my hair colored professionally instead of doing it myself.  Those hot pink streaks I did still won't come out.

Now, I can't stop thinking about the Bare Naked Ladies song, If I Had a Million Dollars!  What would you do?


No comments: