Friday, January 21, 2011

How you can tell you're on my Etsy shop and not....somewhere else.

I love my Etsy shop.  It's the best thing ever for me - I live in the thrift stores anyway and adore old things.  I know I'm not going to get rich from it but every sale thrills me.  The people are so nice - so positive - so inspiring!

Every once in a while though, someone convos (contacts) me with questions that make me go hmmm.  I'm not intending to go all Ricky Gervais (the big meany, I guess) but seriously.  "If you look at it under a bright light are there any hairline cracks, discoloration, uneven spots, etc., etc.".  We'd be talking about a 1960's made in Japan ceramic doggie planter - selling for maybe $12.  Yes, sweetie-darling, it has ALL of those things!

Here are some ways my most special customers can tell that they're on my Etsy shop and not...somewhere else.



This beautiful vintage catalin radio was listed by Bonhams, New York as an IMPORTANT piece in an auction considered to be " another benchmark in the collecting history of vintage radios".  Estimated prices for radios in this auction ranged from $5,000 to $25,000.  You might want to ask them some detailed questions.



If you were browsing my Etsy shop you might come across this vintage 1980's Fisher Price Toyland radio 795.  It's not really IMPORTANT but the words to the song are on the back.  Shows some wear.  $12.  Convo me with any questions and price is negotiable.

This Louis Vuitton Globe-Trotter suitcase has been in production since the 1920s.  Priced from $1,820.  The Best Travel Gear for the Man on the Go.



This blue suitcase from Babylon Sisters would also hold stuff if you were On the Go.  It's $36.  Yes, it has some scratches and scuffs but the price is right and if you're On the Go it will probably get more.  Estimated savings $1784.  Please convo with any questions.



Paintings by the Dutch Masters can fetch millions of dollars at auction.



This original Dutch oil painting is $48 from Babylon Sisters and, hello, it has a windmill in it!



This Staffordshire dog is priced at about $200.  I don't think you need to convo them to see that it might be less than perfect under a bright light.



I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a dog figurine but this one from Babylon Sisters is probably cuter.  Admit it.  It's $12.





I know the sacred and miraculous Shroud of Turin would never be for sale.



Oh wait, it is actually.  Look at these quality items!



I was raised Catholic so fear and guilt prevent me from making light of this particular subject but I'm just saying I've got these hankies for sale in my shop for only $28.  Add your own image of - well, you know who.

No comments: