Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HAIR Icons of the 1980's

You have to admit that the 1980's was a great time for hair.  Ok, you don't have to admit it but I do or there would be no excuse for many of the pictures hanging around my house.  Not hanging around literally but hidden in drawers.

I remember one particularly cool 80's 'do I had when my younger brother took one look at me and said, "Wow, you look just like Daryl Hall!".  Or was it John Oates?



Tama Janowitz was certainly a hair idol of mine.  I love Slaves of New York.  Book and movie.



"If I had a family motto, it would be 'Do What You Want, You Will Anyway.'" - Tama Janowitz.   Still cool,  still good hair.




Nancy Wilson then.  A Rock Goddess.



Nancy Wilson.  Now.  I searched for some meaningful quotes.  Nancy Wilson.  Rock Goddess.



Stevie Nicks.  I know some will be aghast at this dull photo - for HER.  Love the hair though.  Kind of understated for the time.






Stevie now.  I could quote her and her lyrics for pages (don't test me, I really can).  Here's something really important though - "Lightening strikes, maybe once, maybe twice.".  Think about it.

No comments: