Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bohemian Gypsy Bedroom

Ever since I did this post, I've felt my bedroom is practically naked.  I need so much MORE!  Today I'm going to hang some shimmery purple sheer curtains (from Ikea) over the bed - for a start.


This picture is from Interior Alchemy - the maximalist's bible. 


I like this idea of starting with a store-bought mosquito net and then embellishing with fabric.



Light and airy with a little chandelier is pretty.



When we first moved into this house I painted the bedroom green to re-create the color scheme of this room.  The green was way too much for me though and I changed it to a dusty purple/grey.



Love the Indian fabric in this one. 



Beautiful.


The totally tented boudior!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You're a girl after my own heart! My bedroom isn't complete with burgundy velvet and sari curtains, and tons of silk and velvet pillows. I like it lush!

Anonymous said...

try doing the curtains with oriental fabric and still being able to match the different sides of room so far it is very cool , but a pain to figure out how to bring together cherry blossoms on one side of the room an Chinese dragons on other to meet both in the center .:) still in the works but looking cool so far .