Sunday, August 1, 2010

She Sells Sea Shells...

What to do with all those shells you bring home from the beach -



                                                        The inspiration.



                                                       The version on my mantel.


                    
More of those bottles we can't throw out.

          Glue shells on to plant pots for beautiful color and texture.  However, if you live in the south and the pot is going to be outside, don't use a hot glue gun.  We learned this the hard way.


An urn filled with shells and other treasures - a piece of glass on top - a fabulous side table!  Brilliant!




Being from Nova Scotia, I know a thing or two about beaches and shells.  Imagine then my excitement the first time I went to the beach in Galveston, Texas and found that the shells ALREADY HAD HOLES IN THEM!

What will those Americans think of next!?

Well, I've been madly stringing them together ever since.  This particular mobile I made with bits of sea glass along the bottom (from Nova Scotia, of course).








O.K.,  I know I have to stop it now with the shells but maybe just one more:

If you're crazy enough to do this, please, please send me a picture.  I love it!

No comments: