Sunday, August 8, 2010

Handmade Hippie Dwellings

Thinking about camping got me thinking about the hand-built hippie houses of the 1960's and 1970's.  Although I was too young to be a REAL hippie at the time, I have done my best.  I can cook on a wood stove, bake my own (wholewheat) bread and macrame with the best of them - and I do know someone who once lived in a dome called "Moonrise".  The dome, not the person.

So many of our current 'green' ideas are the hippie ideas.  Organic food, slow food, green building techiques, reusing, - the list goes on and on.  I bought my son a t-shirt (organic cotton) that says 'The Hippies Were Right'.  So true.


A magical tree house

A yurt.  I've always wanted a yurt.  I think it's only because I like the name.

Add a few spider plants and I've lived here.

Everything you need!













2 comments:

Michele Wilde said...

You are sooo hippie. I am from the days of olde, and I relate to your blog more than any others. You're groovy baby! Peace, Sage Meadow.

Babylon Sisters said...

Thanks! You're so right!