Thursday, July 29, 2010

We Love Maximalism

Babylon Sisters are Maximalists!  What with constantly searching for treasures for our Etsy shop, I guess we can't help but be.  We definitely have gypsy souls!  Here is a girl after our own hearts - the fabulous Magnolia Pearl.  Her book "A Bit of Velvet and a Dash of Lace" isn't just visually gorgeous, it's also very readable.  Unlike many decorating books, she really has something to say and ideas to share.

Now, I realize that she has people searching the world for the most incredible textiles but I still think her style is do-able with what you can find in your own thrift stores and flea markets close to home.  If your home happens to be Paris, well, you might have a slight advantage over some of us.

It's all about using what you have and what you can rescue, recycle, reuse - all of those R words we love...





1 comment:

Alicia Sotherland said...

love it!! I wonder how long it takes to aquire all of that stuff!!! I feel like I am just beginning!!