Sunday, July 25, 2010

Loving Chalkboard Paint


I love chalkboard paint.  Writing on the walls - what could be better?  Buy a can and I guarantee you'll find great uses for it.  Here are just a few:

The kitchen is a good place to start with your chalkboard painting. Paint a door for grocery lists, etc.. I painted the end of my bottom kitchen cupboards - a perfect place for little people to do art while you're cooking.

The funky framed chalkboard is always cool.  Paint an old thrift store frame a great color.  Cut a piece of thin board to fit for the chalkboard or paint over the canvas that was already there but only if it was truly awful.  Don't paint over a lost masterpiece!

This studio was featured in the latest issue of "Cloth-Paper-Scissors Studios" and is just so inspiring!  I don't know if I have the nerve to Sharpie all my kitchen cupboards but isn't it great in a studio?  After seeing this, I just happened to find a bunch of stick-on chalkboard wall decals at Urban Outfitters for only $2.99 so that's going to be my version.  I'll show you when it's done...



No comments: